Tuscany at Home
It’s just not always obvious which wine matches the flavors and qualities of the ingredients or the meal as a whole. To give the experience of a good wine that extra scoop on top, we decided to offer a helping hand in cooking using renowned recipes and online cooking lessons from an Italian chef. Few things are as delicious as a well-cooked home meal, especially when paired with an accompanying wine. So, do you enjoy learning more about Italian cuisine combined with wine? Or do you just lack the inspiration in terms of cooking and matching an Italian meal with wine? Then you’ve come to the right place.
How does it work?
The goal of Devinita is to bring a smile to your face by giving special and fun experiences that you can enjoy. This time not only through a nice bottle of wine, but also through a cooking lesson from a Tuscan chef!
For €29.95 per month, you will receive a monthly package with the following contents:
1. A bottle of wine between €8.95 and €50, these bottles range from wines such as the Barolo and Ripasso to unique unknown wines;
2. A recipe (2-3 people) devised for a specific wine by chef Federica Continanza;
3. A QR code that gives access to a video in which Federica teaches you in Italian (with subtitles) how to prepare the recipe;
4. A QR code that gives access to an interview with the winemaker about the wine and his winery;
5. A one-time Devinita collection booklet to store the recipes;
6. One of the products in the recipe comes directly from Italy;
7. For the first 6 months: 3 vegetarian recipes, 2 meat recipes and 1 fish recipe;
8. Shipping costs are charged separately depending on the delivery address;
9. Standard discounts in our web shop.
More information will follow soon, sign up for our newsletter below to stay informed.
While in Tuscany visiting our winemakers, we first met Federica Continanza; a cheerful and caring Italian mother with a passion and talent for cooking. So our first evening was an evening to remember in which we laughed a lot and ate delicious food. After our first bite of ravioli “a la Federica,” we looked at each other and thought: we must bring this to the Netherlands. We immediately clicked with Federica and not much later the idea of working together was born.
Federica has worked in the kitchen all her life (including for the White House and the UN) and now has her own cooking show. She also has a home restaurant, which means that she invites people at home every week to cook for it. At home she works with the wines of one of our winemakers (Federico Montagnani). When devising a dish, she always takes into account the wine that is served. That is why we quickly came up with the idea of doing something similar and bringing a piece of Tuscany to the Netherlands.
The Devinita club will be launched in October or November 2022. Want to keep up to date with developments? Then sign up for our newsletter using the form below.