Lornano

Lornano

About the winery

Lornano is located in the famous Chianti Classico region of Tuscany and has been owned by the same family since 1904. The winery has been run by family member Nicolò Pozzoli for several years now. Previously, Lornano’s wines were mainly sold in Italy itself. But Nicolò decided to set a new course with Lornano and now their wines are sold all over the world. This new course is reflected in the Lornano range, which currently consists of 1 rosé, 6 red wines and 1 dessert wine.

Lornano
LORNANO

History

Lornano is a boutique winery owned by the same family since 1904. It is located on the southwestern hills of Castellina in Chianti on the border between Castellina and Monteriggioni. The winery was built in the fifteenth century around the old church of Lornano and the shape of the current structure dates from the second half of the eighteenth century. Fattoria di Lornano has been a member of the “Consorzio del Marchio Storico Chianti Classico Gallo Nero” since its foundation in 1924.

CHIANTI CLASSIC

The estate

The site extends over 180 hectares, 70 of which are planted with
vines. 80% of the vineyards are planted with 15 different carefully selected clones of Sangiovese that express the authentic character of this ancient and amazing grape. The remaining 20% is planted with Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and finally with a small percentage of white grapes: Trebbiano and Malvasia. These white grapes are used to produce the famous VinSanto del Chianti Classico DOC. The Lornano vineyards are characterized by diverse soils and microclimates and are located at an average altitude of 300 meters above sea level.

Lornano
Lornano
DURABILITY

Method

Lornano adopts a sustainable agricultural model that promotes balance with the environment and conserves natural resources. They produce high quality wines, free of chemical fertilizers and herbicides, using only minimal amounts of added sulfites.

We gebruiken cookies om ervoor te zorgen dat onze site zo soepel mogelijk draait. Als je doorgaat met het gebruiken van deze site, gaan we ervan uit dat je ermee instemt.